
This V-day, Jenny suprised me with a trip to Maryland to see Ted and Beth. So we're off tomorrow evening to drive to Spokane, crash at the airport Super 8- keepin' it classy - and then blast-off on Wednesday. I'm well ready for a trip, but as usual am putting off packing.
Tomorrow will also be memorable as I've got a telephone interview with Birkbeck College, London, regarding one of the MA programmes I applied to for the coming fall. Not sure what to expect. I hope it won't be a hardcore critical grill session. The last thing I want to do after a morning of plaster casts, contact cement, and thermoplastics is try to come up with something impressive and original about Lacan, Baitaille or, worst case scenario, Zizek.
Especially worried about the Gunners big fixture with Real Madrid. So much at stake, and just as the Galacticos find their form.........Wenger does seem to be planning for the future with lots of promising young talent...but what about now? How are we to hang on to Thierry?
Saw the Mike Mills film Thumbsucker last night. It's great, go rent it.
Had some similarities with Me and You and Everyone We Know which is debatably my number one film for 05'.Amusing supporting role for Vince Vaughn as a high school debate club sponsor. Really liked all the Oregon flavor: hoodies, obligatory granola rhetoric, and Eliott Smith singing in the background. Also became aware that Benjamin Bratt is a scary, scary man. And quite funny. More from the mid-atlantic later this week.
5 comments:
How did the interview go? University of London, huh? Very cool! Have fun in MD. :)
Great surprise. I hope you guys have a nice time, especially at the Super 8. Honestly, Erika and I have been debating about heading your general direction for our 1 year this summer. hmmm...
So, how did it go with Birkbeck?
You need to move to the greatest city on earth.
I agree. London is the greatest city on earth. If you move there, I would have a very good reason to visit. ;)
fyi, paste mag sampler #20 is pretty good. i just gave it a listen.
Post a Comment