I realize that my blog has become so free from updates that it's practically useless. If this was myspace I would be on everybody's 8th or 9th page of people they sort-of know. But for anyone who still checks out of habit, I'm quite pleased with my programme - which is another way of saying that i'm completely buried with reading. When I was in prosthetics I always made a beeline for the philosophy section in bookshops, but now that I'm actually studying the subject, I fantasize about fiction. Beautiful decadent 3for2@Waterstones fiction.
But no, I read philosophy all day every day. When all the arguments of a particular author start to look redundant, I work on the essay, or if I've made significant progress....I might allow myself the treat of some formal logic (this is the twisted world I operate in).
Yesterday afternoon the library was packed. So I wandered a bit till I discovered shady Tavistock Square gardens. It felt a little bit more legitimate reading John Rawls amidst a group diverse enough to make The Original Position seem vital. I didn't get through quite as much as I might have in the library. But it was lovely.
After all, the library rarely offers the atmospheric benefit of Italian aunts and grandmothers swapping jokes and enjoying their cigarettes under the accepting gaze of Ghandhi's sculpted likeness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Brother,
Very cool. Too bad arsenal lost yesterday...Hopefully we can beat them at home? Oh, by the way, I'm flying in at 6:30 AM Saturday the 16th. Looking forwrd to it. I got a pretty good flight from Seattle: $580. Later,
Alban
Hey Evan, it's good to hear your voice (I imagined I was in earshot of you speaking your entry with that cheerful, I'm-drinking-coffee voice). Glad to hear your enjoying your programme. How's the weather?
to alban: hey brother. Yeah the arsenal match was really frustrating.........Henry's goal should not have been disallowed. That said, we didn't play well and would have been fortunate with the draw. Oh well, a little drama heats up the UEFA campaign. That's fantastic about the ticket!! I'm assuming you mean 16th of Dec.?
To miss quick: thanks for commenting, we miss you, hope everything's going well in MI. When I left the house this morning it was wet and misty, one hour later is sunny and cool. classic.
Post a Comment