Yesterday towards the end of a seminar on Robert Nozick's 'Knowledge and Skepticism' I witnessed the comment of the month (this takes some doing as the 11 or so of us in my immediate class have the majority of cultural blind spots well covered). This comment was not offensive in any way, nor was it obviously off topic. It just cleared the table in terms of randomness. Our tutor was in the middle of giving this impressive analysis of how Nozick represents a unique response to the skeptical hypothesis by denying the second premise in contrast to earlier Moorean approaches etc. etc., and then my classmate-who incidentally is a veterinary surgeon and often dips into the animal kingdom for help with difficult epistemological problems- raises his hand and says "well yeah, but have you thought about kangaroos?"At that point he had our undivided.
Very Karl Pilkington.
2 comments:
Wow, I don't understand this title at all. Anyways, can't believe we didn't crush Moscow 6-0. SO MANY CHANCES! I finally got to watch a game, sitting down in the lobby and enjoying (actually I was dying for most of it) the large screen all to myself. Music Theory attendance suffered...
yeah mate, it was so frustrating. I was in a pub in Hammersmith-because I would have missed a fair amount of the game because of class and so sold it- the screams of anguish after the Rosicky blunder were fitting.
Can't wait to introduce you to the Emirates stadium.
Post a Comment