
I'm bummed about the Skins.
Since moving back to the States I've tried to fill the 'not enough Premiership in my life' void by getting back in touch with Baseball (Astros should have done better), College Basketball (can't wait for march madness), and yes, the NFL.
And why not? Sure the league is full of frightfully annoying narcissists like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, sure free angency has obliterated the pleasure of classic dynasties and rivalries (or has it?), and sure I don't quite fit the NFL fan profile: beer-bellied-war-painted-chili-eating-beer-chugging-completely-mental-fanatic....(or do I?), but cut me some slack people THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS STARTED THE SEASON 3-0!
And now we're 5-4.
I should probably be happy with a winning record, but I'm not, not at all. Especially after last Sunday's stupid defeat at Tampa Bay (last 58 seconds of the game, Mike Alstott runs for the 2 point conversion and didn't appear to get in but was awarded the points to win the game 36-35).
And because of that loss the Skins were unable to gain in the division despite the Giants stunning loss to Minnesota. So here we are in third place in the most competitive conference in the league.
Come on Joe Gibbs, bring back the Glory...and the bling.
2 comments:
"I don't quite fit the NFL fan profile: beer-bellied-war-painted-chili-eating-beer-chugging-completely-mental-fanatic".
Let's see what you're like in ten years, mate.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Post a Comment