
Just got back from a surreal Thanksgiving holiday in the West Edmonton Mall, Alberta. The place was vast. We didn't see sunlight for 48 hours, taking the lifts from our hotel room to various regions of the shopping metropolis. A certain paranoia envelopes one's dreams when sleeping two minutes walk from a bungee jump.
By the final night I was starting to feel a bit dazed and confused. The Sony Store morphed into Urban Outfitters ...Banana Republic....Chapters....April Cornell??
I don't think of myself as that talented of a packer...often leaving vital items at home and bringing loads of superfluous rubbish that I get to enjoy lugging for the duration of the trip. This time I got it right: I brought my longboard (elongated skateboard with special trucks allowing long sweeping turns).

My final evening was magic. Having scouted the security centers and high frequency corridors, I set to cruising at around 11:30 p.m. The marble surfaces were so smooth and devoid of joints that I could fly along almost noislessly. I skated until complete exhaustion....the gents on the other side of the security cameras were either oblivious or just plain lazy. And so, having circumvented shimmering christmas trees, ghostly pirate ships, and a late-evening-amateur-hockey-match-in-progress, I returned to my bed unscathed and well pleased with my adventure.
A night to remember.
1 comment:
Wow, I didn't know such a mall existed. Did you do any other exciting things? bungee jump, etc.?
Post a Comment