Finding the right beans can be tricky here in the States, but last week Beth brought us a couple cans that she found in an import store. Whole-grain bread, butter and English cheddar helped us recreate one of the great UK comfort foods. Perfect.
Niiiiice! We had the same problem yesterday...only had American beans. It just isn't the same. They must have them there somewhere, because if you go to Steak and Shake (a fast food restaurant throughout the South, but I don't know if you have it in your area), they serve the "English" version. Have done ever since I was a child.
3 comments:
What time is breakfast?
Yum! Gotta love Heinz!
Niiiiice! We had the same problem yesterday...only had American beans. It just isn't the same. They must have them there somewhere, because if you go to Steak and Shake (a fast food restaurant throughout the South, but I don't know if you have it in your area), they serve the "English" version. Have done ever since I was a child.
Post a Comment