I usually arrive at work about 8 A.M. My commute from our flat to the Clubhouse is approximately one minute by car. The routine is always the same: walk across the patio and unlock the door to the Red Room, greet the housekeeper who is just finishing up and open the resident communications box to collect the morning's offerings.
Usually I find a stack of Additional Service Request Forms which tend to be rather predictable: "Light burnt out in basement...fix it.", "Dead bush in front flower bed, is this bad?", etc. But occasionally I get a real gem.
For example, someone left a form for me at dinner last night reporting that flying ants appear to be threatening the structural integrity of her cottage. The brilliant thing is that this particular individual took the trouble to catch a live flying ant, place it in a small plastic bag and neatly staple the bag to the form as visual evidence. The ant was still flying around at the top of the form when I arrived this morning. I give that an A for effort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad that you let it go :) Live little bug! Live!
Well, was it a termite or some other member of the order hymenoptera?
Post a Comment