It's 10:32 a.m. and I'm sitting in the laundromat on Higgins ave. waiting to switch the clothes over to the dryer. The melodies of Elvis are jolting and gyrating through this fine establishment and, as a further bonus, it seems that I could walk over to the counter and order a bagel and cream cheese, or a "polish dog", or a waffle cone of frozen yoghurt with oreo crumbles, if I was so inclined at this time of the morning. I'm not, in fact the cup of coffee I brought from home is doing just fine. Last week I decided I was a bit too much of a snob for the landromat coffee with its distinctive aroma of burnt nuts.
Concerted effort on LSAT prep. has led J and I to the conclusion that test revision will constitute my employment until the target test date in early December. My literature background comes through for me on the reading comprehension and last year's formal logic helps with the logical reasoning sections, but I'm just plain SLOW on the logic games. I mean, it's embarrassing. Working on them has made me a bit paranoid too. For example when J and I go to the store for last minute groceries and she says "Ok, we need milk, butter, spinach, bread, oranges, and apple sauce and peanut butter unless you want hummous on bread instead." I'm thinking "Ok, get it together, 8 min. 45 sec. tops, MBSbOAP (7), ok, is this a strict sequence; is she implying exact placement or relative position? And what about the contrapositive on that hummous rule, if we don't get hummous then we will get apple sauce and pb, right?"... But I just smile at her blankly and carry the basket. Besides, she'll probably change a rule on me by the time we get to the deli. The curveball always comes on the last question, just as you thought you were up to speed.
Glad it's Friday. Tonight I'm making Ted's "famous" potato soup with mature cheddar, evaporated milk, and fresh parsley. It's difficult to mess up those ingredients, that would require particularly faulty reasoning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Let me know how the potato soup turns out. If it's good then Beth should get the credit. Anything recipe with cheese in it comes from her side of the family.
Too funny...
I have no clue as to the meaning of much of your post, but it's funny anyway. (By the way, I'm still planning to reply to your email.)
I've considered LSAT as seriously as MCAT so far. Three Howes in law? It would be something to wonder at, especially if we crossed swords. Perhaps we should sign a non-aggression pact.
A non-aggression pact sounds prudent.
I agree to the pact.
Kyle and I nearly lost our minds the summer we studied for the LSAT, but I'm sure Jenny will help you balance out.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment