Last night our friends Darby and Robyn returned from adventures in France, Italy, and Greece. I had hoped that the beautiful spring weather we experienced last week would remain for their last weekend in Europe, but so far its been a lot of quintessential spring rain.
Early this morning I left J and guests sleeping on Sinclair road and went with Peter to wait for the HVA crew that have just started their trip throughout the U.K. After a narrated bus tour around central london we took a walk around Trafalgar Square and into the National Gallery. I tried to say something of interest about a pointalist masterpiece by Seurat which is on display in the Sainsbury Wing only to be admonished by a complete stranger afterwards: "just wanted to correct a small element of your talk...when you said that the pictured subjects might be relaxing on a saturday afternoon, you were wrong...parisians of this era definitely worked on saturdays.
I said a la Sideways, "that's an interesting perspective."
I don't think that geezer really gets Adventism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahahaha! Will you please give me the same tour when I come next month?
Gladly!
I love it! Such an interesting detail to relate. (I love your quoted response from Sideways too.) Such a fun place to find yourself--sandwhiched between HVAers and concerned and aware strangers. Wish I could be joining Kelli.
Post a Comment