2/19/07

St. Albans


J and I were happy to get away for an over-nighter to St. Albans over the weekend. Highlights included evensong in the magnificent cathedral (which exhibited quite an eclectic mix of church architecture ranging from romanesque pillared arches, and byzantine-style wall paintings to more recent gothic buttresses and a massive rose window akin to those at the National Cathedral in Georgetown), browsing the market stalls, investigating some roman ruins, and walking around a small lake teeming with water fowl and manic children.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww...you guys look so great! Twas nice to see some pics. I miss England (and the two of you) so much. :)

Evan said...

miss you too ms. quick!

Thrushsong said...

So glad you were able to take some time to do something fun together. Thanks, for the great pictures.

Paul said...

are you enjoying your program? what's next, D Phil. or JD?

Alban said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alban said...

What a fitting name. It looks like a mix between Greenwich and Cambridge. Lame loss to PSV, no? Revenge is at hand...

kelli g said...

Did I mention that I'm coming over there soon...?