4/25/06

Through on Aggregate

Despite being outplayed for the majority of the second leg with Villareal, Arsenal are headed to the first Champions League final in the history of the club. Jens Lehmann was magnificent with multiple saves and a brilliant penalty stop in the 88th minute to prevent extra time.

Thanks to my father-in-law/boss I actually got to watch this one....in the most depressing, desolate hotel bar I've ever walked into. My only companions were two loudmouthed white boys dressed in Fubu and Sean Jean already soused on Hennessey by noon which only emphasized the brilliance of their commentary on the soap opera they were watching. Less than ideal conditions for such an important match.

But what a payoff! The gunners are still alive thanks to our keeper and a bit of good fortune. Hopefully a more rested squad will recover the offensive class that got us to this far, we will certainly need it.

1 comment:

Gasmeter said...

I'm off to Paris for the Champions' League final.

Last week I selected your seat in Arsenal's new ground.

Sorted.