Zounds, It's been a while. Yes I just used the word zounds.
Reasons I havn't been posting lately:
1) it's beautiful here and most extra time that should be spent on moving to our summer accomodations has been spent hiking, canoeing, and trying to be less useless at tennis.
2) must see sports: Arsenal's first trip to the UEFA champions league final (which is today by the way), the classic Yankees/Red Sox rivalry off to a great start, and the NBA playoffs havn't been bad either - i'm becoming an unabashed phonenix suns homer.
3) the raven cafe has been putting on loads of shows, quite impressed by The M's live act a couple of weekends ago.
4) i've been feeling extremely uncreative.
Is reading multiple books at once a bad habit or an unavoidable necessity? Currently juggling The Metaphysical Club, Quine's Elementary Logic, Calvin and Hobbes, George Bush: President of God and Evil, The Adventures of Tintin, and a survey of greek philosophy by the Economist's Anthony Gottlieb. It's different in school when you read in this manner out of necessity. But what about now when the luxury of reading cover to cover and moving on is readily available?
Saw MI3 over the weekend-interestingly enough as a mother's day outing (not my pick)-as expected the film was just another frenetic study in classic Cruiseian narcissism....we can hope for more satire on SNL.
if only Simon Pegg (the computer techie) could've played the lead role, perhaps revealing Ethan Hunt as a zombie at last.
2 comments:
the word zounds comes from a slurring of the archaic swear-word "God's Wounds"
wierd.
although I must confess I didn't know the etymology of the z word, I find some of the older expletives fascinating...especially rhyming slang.
had a brief discussion of the Alan Parsons favorite - ruddy- with Peter while snowboarding.
random.
Post a Comment